Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Case Study Application (AICPA Course)
Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Case Study Application
Apply your knowledge of the AICPA’s Peer Reviewer program to a practical application case study. This course features realistic case studies that encompass the most important elements of a system peer review. As a current or future team and/or review captain, you learn to successfully plan for, perform, and report on both system and engagement reviews. You are also introduced to the administrative and committee roles in the peer review program.
This course uses and application-based case study approach to cover the following topics:
• Pre-acceptance considerations
• Planning considerations
• Evaluation of a firm’s system of quality control
• Risk assessment
• Engagement selection
• Interviewing managing partners, CEOs, and staff
• Completing a Matter for Further Consideration Form
• Evaluation of noncompliance with Professional Standards
• Writing peer review reports
When you complete this course you will able to:
1. Analyze the process of how to effectively plan system and engagement peer reviews.
2. Identify steps needed to understand a firm’s system of quality control.
3. Identify procedures used in testing the firm’s system.
4. Choose recommendations for follow-up action to the administrating entity.
5. Identify the impact and effect that organizational issues have on a firm’s system of quality control.
A laptop computer and internet connection is required for this class.
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Live.
CPE Credits: 8.00
Acronym (AICPA): PRTC
Field of Study: Auditing
Pre-requisite: Completion of the AICPA's "Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Program Overview" online course (Acronym: PRTCO)
Advance Preparation: None
Course Level: Intermediate
Intended Audience: Individuals who wish to serve as peer review team captains and review captains.
Date: August 15, 2018
Registration: 8:15am - 9:00am Seminar: 9:00am - 5:15pm
Instructor: María Morales Hernández, CPA, CGMA
Place: Colegio de CPA, Capital Center Building I, PH 2, Hato Rey
Materials: This course will be paperless and the materials will be distributed electronically. Once you enroll in the course you can access and download them through "Mi Perfil", on the Colegio’s website, within the 12 working hours prior to the start of the course, until midnight of the course’s date. Electronic devices may be brought to the classroom to access the downloaded materials.
Electronic evaluation: Once you have registered your entry to this educational activity, you can quickly and easily access and complete the evaluation through "Mi Perfil". On our website "Home" page you will find detailed instructions for completing the form.
Notice: The Colegio de CPA reserves the right to substitute instructors and suspend a course due to insufficient enrollment or other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to refuse admission. Space is limited. Registration is subject to the available slots. The tuition price for CPA applies to those who at the time of registration do not owe debts to the Colegio.
|Accounting and Auditing||8.00|